article thumbnail

5 Ways To Bring SEL Into Edtech Classroom Use

The CoolCatTeacher

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter Mark Sparvell cites current research about what students really want in their classroom and how social-emotional learning relates to education technology. Mark has taught both pre-service and post-graduate studies.

EdTech 312
article thumbnail

New Responsible Artificial Intelligence (RAI) Course for K-12 Educators Seeks to Change How AI is Implemented in Learning

eSchool News

DENVER– ( BUSINESS WIRE )–MindSpark Learning®, a nonprofit organization committed to elevating educators and being the direct intersection between education and industry, has launched its first Responsible Artificial Intelligence (RAI) course in a series. To learn more about MindSpark’s RAI for Educators course, click here.

Course 83
Insiders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Workforce Strategy: A Necessity for Educator Retention and Wellbeing

edWeb.net

Those conditions are what make schools great places to learn and work. Learn more about this edWeb broadcast, Building Leader Capability and Capacity in Workforce Strategy: Addressing Attraction, Retention, and Educator Wellbeing , sponsored by PeopleBench. And it’s one we should tackle because our adults matter.”

Strategy 113
article thumbnail

Discovery Education and Leading Corporate and Nonprofit Partners Launch First-of-Its-Kind Initiative Supporting Sustainability

eSchool News

This first-of-its-kind initiative is focused on empowering over 10 million students by 2030 to serve as ambassadors for sustainability by providing the digital resources K-12 students need to make informed decisions and take responsible actions supporting sustainability. Subaru of America, Inc.,

article thumbnail

Discovery Education’s EdTech News Roundup – May 15

Discovery Education

Learn More Learn More --> Conversations with Amy Nakamoto: Teacher Appreciation Week Amy Nakamoto, Discovery Education’s General Manager of Social Impact, sat down with 2021 Utah Teacher of the Year, John Arthur, who teaches 6th grade in Salt Lake City, Utah to talk about what appreciation looks like to him. from 2023 to 2030.

EdTech 69
article thumbnail

The Keys to an Effective SEL Program

edWeb.net

For years, educators were talking about social-emotional learning (SEL) and how to boost students’ skills. SEL isn’t mental health services for students or a one-time fix to help with learning loss, though. But after the lockdown and a year out of the classroom, SEL has become the favorite buzzword outside of school walls.

article thumbnail

Trane Technologies and Discovery Education Launch a New National STEM Education Initiative to Inspire Students to be Climate Innovators

eSchool News

The multifaceted learning program includes interactive tools, resources, and volunteers to engage and inspire students to learn, think, and solve the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, like climate change and food waste, through sustainable innovation. Learn more here. . Twitter and? Link e dIn. .

STEM 52