Remove 2030 Remove Classroom Remove Course Remove E-rate
article thumbnail

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

officials approve new rating system.” Via Inside Higher Ed : “ U of Maryland University College pursues a strategy of spinning off units into stand-alone companies, seeking financial gain for itself and affordable tuition rates for its students.” The founder, of course, has a degree from an Ivy League school.

article thumbnail

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

” The article is accompanied by a photo of a classroom full of Asian students – as if Asian is not American. ” Online Education and the Once and Future “MOOC” “How Much Hollywood Glitz Should Colleges Use in Their Online Courses ?” Publishers love this, of course. ” asks Edsurge.

Insiders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

“New report calls out NCAA for saying that black athletes graduate at higher rates than other black students, when that’s not true at the top conferences,” says Inside Higher Ed. ” More on VR from Edsurge : “The 10 Best VR Apps for Classrooms Using Merge VR’s New Merge Cube.” Memos from HR.

article thumbnail

Out of poverty, into the middle class

The Hechinger Report

Along with being a National Honor Society student and squeezing in five business electives into an already packed course load, he works 30 to 35 hours a week at his job sorting in-store advertisements at Target. Middle school: h-a-t-e-d it. He is trim with close-cropped hair and a wide flash of a smile. School just isn’t for me.

E-rate 97