What the Future Economy Means for How Kids Learn Today

MindShift

If you were only to listen to politicians and policy makers, you could be forgiven for harboring two delusions: first, that the sole purpose of schooling is to create the workforce of the future; second, that the only place that our students learn is at school. According to social forecasts in the U.S., The growing automation of knowledge work means that, globally, we are expected to lose around 2 billion jobs by 2030. By David Price.

Where Did All These Teen Activists Come From?

MindShift

Students are staging school walkouts to protest immigration policies, striking in solidarity with Greta Thunberg, supporting their teachers during their own school strikes for better contracts, and staging Black Lives Matter protests. Ana and her peers are increasingly using their tech savvy to mobilize protests and inspire older generations in ways that weren’t possible before social media — generations that include people like Ana’s mom, Alice Ostrovsky.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Change Agents: Tech & Learning?s Most Influential People in EdTech In 2018

techlearning

Hoth brings diverse skills, including graphic and Web design and social media marketing, to his work for this critical cause. While adults may know how to use social media, he says, they haven’t been immersed in it their whole lives. Using social media to rally the nation virtually is something adults wouldn’t have thought of, because that isn’t their world—it’s ours.”

The 2019 Global Education Conference - Full List of 130 Sessions and 10 Keynotes!

The Learning Revolution Has Begun

CEFR, Plurilingualism and Pluriculturalism Win-Win Situation , Mrs. Maha Hassan, Teaching ESL Hub Chemistry Content and Modeling to Teach Climate Change and ACTION , Ashley Shunk- Biology and Chemistry Teacher, Alison Bixby Stone School Citizen Science-Led Open Data Innovation Through NASA Programs , David Lockett, STEM Teacher, Bok Academy | Denise Wright, STEM Teacher, Ocean Bay Middle School Class of 2030: We're here, so what are you waiting for? ,

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

Meanwhile on Campus… Via Education Week (from last Friday – as I work on the week’s round-up of news, I try to avoid looking at social media, but I think there was another school shooting this morning): “10 Dead, Most of Them Students, and 10 Wounded in Texas High School Shooting.” Economy by 2030.” ” Via NPR : “How Schools Across The Country Are Working To Detect Threats Made On Social Media.”

MOOC 44

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

The State Policy Network has a plan to counter union activism with anti-union PR. could see a shortage of up to 120,000 physicians by 2030, according to a report published Wednesday by the Association of American Medical Colleges,” Inside Higher Ed reports. ” From the press release : “ Facebook Launches New Initiative to Help Scholars Assess Social Media’s Impact on Elections.”