MY World 360° Joins Virtual United Nations General Assembly

Digital Promise

Better World 2030. Better World 2030 AR app. Watch the live debut of Better World 2030 at the SDG Action Zone at 11:30pm EST on Thursday, Sept 24 , and then again at 1:00pm EST on Thursday, Sept 24 for an “Envisioning a Better World with VR/AR” session with the creator.

Michelle Weise: ‘We Need to Design the Learning Ecosystem of the Future’

Edsurge

With advancements in machine learning and deep learning, automation threatens forty-seven percent of the jobs in the U.S. As an example, in 2014, LinkedIn’s top ten jobs were jobs that hadn’t existed five years prior: social media intern, iOS/Android developer, cloud manager, big data architect, or UI/UX designer as examples. Proponents of the liberal arts love to explain how an excellent general education will teach students to learn how to learn for a lifetime.

Udemy 123

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Educational Leadership for Social Good

EdTechTeam

Our teammate and Events Director, Al Thomas , a former principal himself, ran the Education Leaders Network Playground, which featured 28 sessions for leaders by leaders, and one session in particular stood out when we talked about it… a session called Leading EdTech Initiatives for Social Good by Jennifer Williams , author of Teach Boldly. An early adopter of iPads Jennifer remains dedicated to using technology in schools for a social purpose.

Sustainable Development Goals: Writing Journals

User Generated Education

The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. Learn from and working collaboratively with individuals representing diverse cultures, religions, and lifestyles in a spirit of mutual respect and open dialogue in personal, work, and community contexts. Social Media Alternative.

What the Future Economy Means for How Kids Learn Today

MindShift

If you were only to listen to politicians and policy makers, you could be forgiven for harboring two delusions: first, that the sole purpose of schooling is to create the workforce of the future; second, that the only place that our students learn is at school. And how can we re-think schooling to complement, not compete with, their informal learning? According to social forecasts in the U.S., The Revolution In How We Now Learn. By David Price.

Change Agents: Tech & Learning?s Most Influential People in EdTech In 2018

techlearning

Each of these leaders is working in thoughtful and creative ways on the frontlines of some of today’s most pressing issues—from the way we think about learning, AI, and innovation to gun control, refugees, and student privacy. Hoth brings diverse skills, including graphic and Web design and social media marketing, to his work for this critical cause. While adults may know how to use social media, he says, they haven’t been immersed in it their whole lives.

Where Did All These Teen Activists Come From?

MindShift

That’s when she learned that polar bears were dying as climate change threatened their habitats. Ana and her peers are increasingly using their tech savvy to mobilize protests and inspire older generations in ways that weren’t possible before social media — generations that include people like Ana’s mom, Alice Ostrovsky. Learning to Make Change At School.

Learning Revolution Events - AltEdFilmFest - Homeschool+ - Gaming in Ed Call for Proposals - Open Letter from a Highly Creative Child

The Learning Revolution Has Begun

The Learning Revolution Weekly Update August 5th, 2014 One of the reasons people stop learning is that they become less and less willing to risk failure. Gardner The Learning Revolution Project highlights our own "conference 2.0" virtual and physical events and those of our over 200 partners in the learning professions. To subscribe to this newsletter, please sign up at the Learning Revolution. Interested in becoming a Learning Revolution Partner?

eBook 41

Really Fun Lineup So Far For This Year's FutureofEducation.com Interview Series

The Learning Revolution Has Begun

January 18th, Tuesday (5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern, 1am GMT): A Conversation with Will Richardson on Social Media and Technology in Education January 19th, Wednesday (5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern, 1am GMT): Yong Zhao on the Chinese education system, test scores, and "Tiger Moms." I''m really enjoying how well the lineup for the FutureofEducation.com interview series is shaping up this year.

Global Leadership Week - Information and Schedule

The Learning Revolution Has Begun

GLW presents opportunities for educators and organizations to learn from one another and share effective leadership principles, particularly within the context of an interconnected, global age. There are four panel discussions this year: ​" The Role and Responsibility of Media in Global Education ," ​" Innovation in Global Education ," " The Value of Exchange Programs ," and " Understanding and Educating for Global Citizenship."

The 2019 Global Education Conference - Full List of 130 Sessions and 10 Keynotes!

The Learning Revolution Has Begun

CEFR, Plurilingualism and Pluriculturalism Win-Win Situation , Mrs. Maha Hassan, Teaching ESL Hub Chemistry Content and Modeling to Teach Climate Change and ACTION , Ashley Shunk- Biology and Chemistry Teacher, Alison Bixby Stone School Citizen Science-Led Open Data Innovation Through NASA Programs , David Lockett, STEM Teacher, Bok Academy | Denise Wright, STEM Teacher, Ocean Bay Middle School Class of 2030: We're here, so what are you waiting for? ,

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

First Lady Melania Trump launched her “Be Best” campaign this week, encouraging people to be nicer on social media. “ Google just announced an AI bot that could change teaching & learning…. At #nsvfsummit Stacey Childress repeats made-up statistic that 'well over half' the jobs of 2030 do not exist yet. Blockchain company Learning Machine has raised $3 million from PTB Ventures, Omidyar Network, and Learn Capital.

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

Meanwhile on Campus… Via Education Week (from last Friday – as I work on the week’s round-up of news, I try to avoid looking at social media, but I think there was another school shooting this morning): “10 Dead, Most of Them Students, and 10 Wounded in Texas High School Shooting.” Economy by 2030.” ” Via NPR : “How Schools Across The Country Are Working To Detect Threats Made On Social Media.”

MOOC 43

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

Via Techcrunch : “ Tencent and education startup Age of Learning bring popular English-learning app ABCmouse to China.” The incentive-based learning program covers a variety of areas, including literacy, college course work, cognitive behavioral therapy and vocational training. ” More business news from Mindwires Consulting’s Phil Hill : “ Moody’s Downgrades Blackboard Debt, Focuses On Learn Ultra Delivery.”

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

If you’re going to talk about the importance of digital literacy or information literacy or media literacy or what have you, then you best practice it. “ From the article that ”innovative teaching practice" appears to be project-based learning. ” “Whatever happened to the promise of online learning ?” “How can online learning help Canadian colleges meet the challenges ahead?” “ social and emotional learning.”)