K–12 Educators Emphasize Personalized Learning for Class of 2030

EdTech Magazine

K–12 Educators Emphasize Personalized Learning for Class of 2030. Members of the Class of 2030 are just starting their educational careers, and they'll graduate into a world that may look very different from the one we know today. Artificial intelligence, virtual reality, data analytics and other emerging technologies are expected to take on a big role in education. Some experts say that's going to feature #PersonalizedLearning in a big way.

Why climate change caused me to rethink my career plans

The Hechinger Report

How Schools Are preparing – and Not Preparing – Children for Climate Change,” reported by HuffPost and The Hechinger Report, a nonprofit, independent news organization focused on inequality and innovation in education. I thought to myself, I should work out more. I should learn how to use makeup. Though well mannered, she was furious and insisted that the politicians listen to her. That was the moment that the climate crisis became real to me.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Change Agents: Tech & Learning?s Most Influential People in EdTech In 2018

techlearning

Each of these leaders is working in thoughtful and creative ways on the frontlines of some of today’s most pressing issues—from the way we think about learning, AI, and innovation to gun control, refugees, and student privacy. Hoth is cofounder and president of Students Speak Up (SSU), a nonprofit formed through the power of technology to promote civic engagement among youth to empower them to speak up to change gun laws. Change has to be made now.”

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

Each week, I gather a wide variety of links to education and education technology articles. ESPN turns to a real expert here : “Shaquille O’Neal says more cops is answer to school shootings.” ” WaPo’s Valerie Strauss asks , “ What legal rights do students really have to protest during the school day?” Via NPR : “ Trump’s Plan To Secure Schools Calls For Arming Teachers , Improving Background Checks.”

MOOC 44

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

If you’re going to decry “ fake news ,” then you best not be sharing it. If you’re going to talk about the importance of digital literacy or information literacy or media literacy or what have you, then you best practice it. Or did you just want a story to confirm your gut feelings that she should hit the road? Anyway, as Matt Barnum writes , “ No, there’s no reason to think DeVos is planning to resign, contrary to viral news stories.”

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

Via PR Watch : “ Betsy DeVos Ethics Report Reveals Ties to Student Debt Collection Firm.” Via Wired : “The Senate Prepares to Send Internet Privacy Down a Black Hole.” ” Via The Atlantic : “How Betsy DeVo s Could End the School-Integration Comeback.” Via Edsurge : “How Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg ’s iZone Went from ‘Cool’ to Cold.” ” Honestly, I can’t even bear to look.