article thumbnail

5 Ways To Bring SEL Into Edtech Classroom Use

The CoolCatTeacher

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter Mark Sparvell cites current research about what students really want in their classroom and how social-emotional learning relates to education technology. Mark has taught both pre-service and post-graduate studies.

EdTech 315
article thumbnail

Discovery Education and Leading Corporate and Nonprofit Partners Launch First-of-Its-Kind Initiative Supporting Sustainability

eSchool News

This first-of-its-kind initiative is focused on empowering over 10 million students by 2030 to serve as ambassadors for sustainability by providing the digital resources K-12 students need to make informed decisions and take responsible actions supporting sustainability.

Industry 105
Insiders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New Responsible Artificial Intelligence (RAI) Course for K-12 Educators Seeks to Change How AI is Implemented in Learning

eSchool News

DENVER– ( BUSINESS WIRE )–MindSpark Learning®, a nonprofit organization committed to elevating educators and being the direct intersection between education and industry, has launched its first Responsible Artificial Intelligence (RAI) course in a series. To learn more about MindSpark’s RAI for Educators course, click here.

Course 97
article thumbnail

The Keys to an Effective SEL Program

edWeb.net

For years, educators were talking about social-emotional learning (SEL) and how to boost students’ skills. But after the lockdown and a year out of the classroom, SEL has become the favorite buzzword outside of school walls. SEL isn’t mental health services for students or a one-time fix to help with learning loss, though.

article thumbnail

Celebrating Earth Day with Resources from Discovery Education 

eSchool News

Classroom Activities Grades 6-9 Grow energy-water literacy and conservation efforts through classroom activities Conservation Station: Creating a More Resourceful World—an educational initiative with Itron. Educators can take learning further with an array of standards-aligned classroom resources.

Resources 124
article thumbnail

Discovery Education’s EdTech News Roundup – May 15

Discovery Education

Learn More Learn More --> The "Tech" in EdTech Did you know that in 2022 the global EdTech market was valued at $123.40 from 2023 to 2030. Learn More Learn More --> Can Gamification Turn the Tide Against Declining Enrollment? The industry is set to grow by an impressive 13.6%

EdTech 69
article thumbnail

Trane Technologies and Discovery Education Launch a New National STEM Education Initiative to Inspire Students to be Climate Innovators

eSchool News

The program is part of Trane Technologies’ Sustainable Futures corporate citizenship strategy, which uplifts underrepresented students and communities through access to STEM education, enhanced learning environments, and pathways to green careers. Learn more here. . Innovation sprouts from courage and creativity in STEM.

STEM 52