Remove 2030 Remove Accessibility Remove Robotics Remove Social Media

Digital K-12 Classroom Online Summit | Feb 21-23, 2020

EdTechnocation.com

As an as online summit you can get access to the best global practices from your home, office or classroom. Recordings of the event are available for purchase (All-Access Pass) ! REGISTER HERE Get Your All-Access Pass! Get an all-access pass! Put this in your calendar ??

LMS 41

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

First Lady Melania Trump launched her “Be Best” campaign this week, encouraging people to be nicer on social media. Department of Education plans to hold a negotiated rule-making session aimed at changing regulations for federal aid eligibility to try to ‘promote greater access for students to high-quality, innovative programs,’ according to a Wednesday posting from the Office of Management and Budget.”

Insiders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

” Also via NPR : “‘I Hope This Will Set A Precedent,’ Says Trans Teen Who Won Case Over Bathroom Access.” Meanwhile on Campus… Via Education Week (from last Friday – as I work on the week’s round-up of news, I try to avoid looking at social media, but I think there was another school shooting this morning): “10 Dead, Most of Them Students, and 10 Wounded in Texas High School Shooting.” Economy by 2030.”

MOOC 42

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

Via Inside Higher Ed : “The governor of Virginia has approved a bill requiring all public higher education institutions in the state to take steps to adopt open educational resources – freely accessible and openly copyrighted educational materials.” ” (Note: there’s a response to this article by Georgia Tech professor Ashok Goel, who builds teaching chat-bots, in the “robots” section below.

Hack Education Weekly News

Hack Education

If you’re going to talk about the importance of digital literacy or information literacy or media literacy or what have you, then you best practice it. Maybe social media is broken, Cathy O’Neil suggests. “ Media Literacy When the Platforms Are Complicit ” by Bill Fitzgerald. ” “ Facebook will teach the unemployed digital/social media skills in 30 cities,” says Techcrunch. “ social and emotional learning.”)