article thumbnail

Verizon launches free trainings and tools to help educators navigate digital instruction

eSchool News

Educators across the nation can now access Teacher Training Pathways , a free platform offering courses aligned to micro-credentials on remote and hybrid learning, instructional technology coaching and more. Applications are now being accepted by Digital Promise from districts with Title I schools across the nation.

Training 109
article thumbnail

How Augmented Reality Helps Teachers Reach More Students

Edsurge

The use of AR can make learning more accessible while increasing the engagement of all students. AR can also create digital overlays on printed textbooks, allowing students to access additional content, such as videos or animations, with their mobile devices. How is augmented reality different from virtual reality?

Insiders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Pandemic Will Leave More Students Unprepared For College. Developmental Education Must Help.

Edsurge

suffer on the no-internet side of the digital divide , according to the Federal Communications Commission. And this spring, 60 percent of low-income parents expressed that their children are likely to experience at least one digital obstacle doing their K-12 homework online. Roughly 21 million people in the U.S.

Handbook 143
article thumbnail

The changing geography of work: a new report

Bryan Alexander

McKinsey just published a new report, “The future of work in America: People and places, today and tomorrow” ( summary ; longer document ), looking ahead to 2030 after new technologies have had some impact. Moreover, the digital divide – that perennially unpopular problem – can widen as a result of these changes.

Report 64
article thumbnail

Bryan Alexander

Report 40